BlissCo Cannabis Corp Provides Corporate Update
/NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION IN THE U.S. OR TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES./
VANCOUVER, May 23, 2018 /CNW/ - BlissCo Cannabis Corp. (CSE: BLIS) is pleased to provide a corporate update on the company's wholly-owned subsidiary, Bliss Co Holdings Ltd. ("BlissCo").
"We are seeing tremendous momentum and interest as we continue to expand our team and put all the pieces into place for a successful product launch once our sales license is approved." said Damian Kettlewell, CEO of Blissco Cannabis Corp.
- Been featured in over 100 articles nationwide discussing the byproduct of cannabis production, its proper disposal and its future opportunities
- Received an Invitation to participate in a live interview with Midas Letter in Toronto on May 24 at 11:30 am EST
- Made key hires including:
- QA Team: Shenna Leung
- Sheena Leung's extensive pharmaceutical and food production QAP management experience will position BlissCo well as we look to earn approval from Health Canada for new and innovative medical and adult use cannabis products
- Branding and Packaging: Enlisted an award-winning Vancouver design agency specializing in Branding, Packaging Design for Health, Food, Fashion and Lifestyle brands
- Purchased oil production machinery that uses CO2, producing higher quality product for medical customers and sets BlissCo up to maintain the quality of byproducts for when their use is legal
- "Selecting CO2 over other methods and processes can save and separate much more by-product from the extraction process. Given where legalization is going, we want to be ready with an array of potential products outside the traditional methods of consuming cannabis or derivatives via sublingual, combustion or vaporization." said Shawn McDougal, Production Manager, BlissCo.
- Remains on track to secure sales license in September
- Expanded supplier relationships for both medical and recreational product
- Secured an inspection date from Health Canada for May 28 - 31
"We are pleased with the progress that we have seen in the past several weeks. Our six varieties of premium cultivars have adapted well to their new home. We are excited for our continued expansion and are well on our way to obtaining our sales license in September, at which point we will be set up and able to begin sales immediately." said Kettlewell.
BlissCo (CSE: BLIS) earned its Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulation ACMPR License to Cultivate on March 29, 2018. BlissCo's ACMPR facility in Langley, B.C. is designed to be a high-volume packager, processor and distributor of medical cannabis and adult use cannabis when it is legal in Canada, which is currently anticipated to be by August 2018 at the earliest. BlissCo has a two - year supply agreement with The Supreme Cannabis Company Inc. (TSX.V: FIRE) to purchase 3,000 kilograms of premium dried cannabis.
BlissCo is applying to expand its license to cannabis oil production in Q2 2018 and will apply for its cannabis sales license at the earliest appropriate time. BlissCo will focus on high volume sales opportunities in the regulated medical use and adult use cannabis market in Canada when it is legal and is pursuing expansion opportunities in international markets.
On Behalf of the Board of Directors
BLISSCO CANNABIS CORP.
Damian Kettlewell, CEO, Founder & Chair
For further information, please contact:
Ariel Jack Lewinski, Business Development & Investor Relations
This news release contains certain forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities legislation (collectively "forward-looking statements"). The use of any of the word "will" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results or events to differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements should not be unduly relied upon. This news release contains forward-looking statements and assumptions pertaining to the following: the ability to execute on our strategic plans and the impact on our future operations, capital expenditures, receipt of a cannabis oil license and a license to sell dried cannabis and other objectives, and earning approvals for new and innovative medical and adult use cannabis products. Actual results achieved may vary from the information provided herein as a result of numerous known and unknown risks and uncertainties and other factors. The Company believes the expectations reflected in those forward-looking statements are reasonable, but no assurance can be given that these expectations will prove to be correct. The Company does not undertake to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
The CSE has in no way passed upon the merits of the proposed transaction and has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this press release.
For further information: Damian Kettlewell, CEO, (604) 484 9119, ext. 3, email@example.com
SOURCE BlissCo Cannabis Corp.
As Canada is primed as a global leader and first mover in the cannabis industry, BlissCo is uniquely poised in the rapidly growing multi-billion dollar market and in various international markets as cannabis regulations progress.
BlissCo, founded in 2013, is a Canadian vertically integrated cultivation, extraction and distribution focused cannabis brand that earned its Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) license to cultivate from Health Canada on March 29, 2018.
BlissCo's state-of-the-art production facility, located in Metro Vancouver, is purposefully designed as a hub for research, cultivation, processing, extraction, packaging and distribution.
Now with the ACMPR license to cultivate, BlissCo will commence its operation to harvest premium cannabis within its' urban facility in Metro Vancouver. BlissCo also has a multi-year supply agreement in place with a Canadian Licensed Producer of characteristically sun-grown premium medicinal cannabis to purchase supply in large volumes (news release). This premium bulk cannabis will be brought to our secure and pristine facility in British Columbia for processing and then be packaged for sale and distribution to our growing patient list when BlissCo has appropriately received its license for sale.
BlissCo was founded with the assistance of a team of advisors, including medical and naturopathic doctors, has intentionally engaged with the medical community to understand how to contribute to improved patient health with medicinal cannabis products. A large part of our strategy for growth centres on how to securely integrate and collaborate with the healthcare system.
The BlissCo team has deep domain expertise in the critical category success areas:
- Multi-province controlled substance distribution (BC and Alberta)
- Cultivation and product safety, consistency and security
- Indoor cultivation, controlled environments ensuring high standards & consistent products.
- Quality assurance, product safety, 3rd Party GMP Audits & Certifications.
Strategic partnership with the Supreme Cannabis Company
Trading on Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE:BLIS)
ACMPR License to Produce earned
Cannabis plant starting material to arrive at BlissCo's facility and growing commences.
ACMPR Cannabis Oil Extraction License application submitted
Sign agreement to export 720 kilograms of medical cannabis to Germany
ACMPR License to Sell application submitted
Sign supply agreement with GreenSeal Cannabis
Sign e-commerce and technology service agreement with Namaste Technologies (TSXV: N)
Confirmation of Readiness for Inspection received from Health Canada
Confirmation of Readiness for License from Health Canada
Close on purchasing facility for $2.4m
Earn Building Permit from Township of Langley
ACMPR Licensed Submitted