Investor Relations Manager
Based in Langley, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Investor Relations Manager will be responsible for presenting a consistently applied investment message to the investment community on behalf of BlissCo with a focus on client relationship management, client specific reporting, communicating with investors and other internal and external parties.
The successful candidate will be outgoing and autonomous; and own communications for a licensed producer under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) licensed by Health Canada. It's an exciting opportunity, and one for you to leverage every tool in your investor relations & communications toolbox. BlissCo is in rapid growth mode, in a complex and ever-evolving regulated landscape, offering you endless opportunity for impact and development.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
This fast-paced, licensed Producer under the ACMPR trades on CSE under the symbol BLIS. With a diverse portfolio, no two days are the same, offering their team members a varied workload. The company currently sits at approx. 5 employees with a plan to more-than quadruple this number over the 3 years. Growth-mode is in full swing; and the team are looking for a driven individual who wants to take control of their career and help BlissCo change the medicinal cannabis landscape!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the CEO, you will work as part of a team and be adaptable to a variety of different tasks in the realm of Investor Relations.
You will ensure the company is properly and strategically positioned within the investor and analyst community. This position reports to the CEO, and will create the necessary framework, strategic plan, highly captivating and Investor Relations plan. The job requires very strong interpersonal and communication skills, a well-developed network, and the ability to manage external relationships in the professional investor community.
The key responsibilities of this investor relations role are:
- Build investor confidence in the company’s vision to deliver shareholder value
- Develop a comprehensive Investor Relations framework and strategy
- Build and maintain a powerful reputation through clear and consistent two-way communication
- Manage relationships with analysts, investors, and individual shareholders
- Provide market insights to the Executive management team, including financial trends, shareholder concerns, competitor actions, and anything that might impact the company
- Oversee and manage quarterly earnings calls as well as preparation of the Annual Report
- Investor relations – communications over phone and email – point of contact
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
The job requires someone who is an entrepreneur and looks into the future to see what is possible. Importance is placed on collaboration, detail and effort to be successful.
- Specific qualifications for the Investor Relations Manager include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; and MBA would be an asset
- 3+ years of experience with a strong record of building positive long-term relations with Equity Research analysts and the investors
- Excellent understanding of securities disclosure rules as well as regulations and filing requirements
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in capital markets and performance metrics for public companies
- Very familiar with valuation and financial modeling techniques used by investors and analysts
- A deep understanding of trends in capital markets, macroeconomics, competitors and customer trends
- Someone who is entrepreneurial in orientation, as well as having a client-service mentality; must be able to excel under pressure, as well as meet short deadlinesPossesses excellent written communication skills, with the ability to craft powerful and engaging messages that inspire others
WHAT YOU WILL GET
Annual Salary: $65,000-$75,000,
Equity Based Compensation: Stock Options,
Vacation: 3 weeks of paid vacation
Benefits: 100% employer paid benefits
Interested candidates please email your cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Regulatory information is available here
Note: The successful candidate will be required to undergo background and security checks. We appreciate the interest by all candidates, however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. All the resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration if any future opportunities come up for similar talent.