10 minutes minute
Our no sugar added Peanut Butter Blueberry Overnight Oats recipe tastes like a classic PBJ without the bread. You will love these overnight oats. Made with yogurt, chia seeds and fresh blueberries, these oats are jam packed with antioxidants and a boost of protein. Make these ahead of time and wake up to a healthy, hassle-free breakfast to start your day off well.
The Benefits of Blueberries.
Blueberry season is fast approaching, and aside from their great taste, blueberries are known to have many health benefits. By numbers alone, one cup of blueberries contains 3.6g of dietary fiber, 28mg of Vitamin K – which is good for helping wounds heal and blood clotting, 14mg of Vitamin C and 0.8mg of Vitamin E – which can help promote immune function, prevent inflammation, promote eye health and even decrease the risk of cancer.
What are Antioxidants?
Antioxidants are essential to health and wellness – and ultimately the survival of all living things. Our bodies generate their own antioxidants, and they can also be found in all other forms of life such as plants and animals. Antioxidants fight off ‘free radicals’, which simply put are unstable atoms that can damage cells in your body and can cause illness and aging. Air pollution, smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol are factors that can promote the creation of free radicals in your body. Berries, green tea, coffee and dark chocolate are some of our favourite ways to implement antioxidants into our health and wellness routines.
Why Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are not that popular of a breakfast item per se, but what people are beginning to take notice of is the convenience and simplicity of the meal itself – without even considering the health packed nutritious meal it provides. What we like about our recipe is simple: No added sugar, packed with protein rich yogurt and chia seeds, healthy fats from peanut butter, packed with antioxidants, and the cherry on top, our Blissco Pūr Dew CBD as an added anti-inflammatory booster.
How to Make CBD Infused Overnight Oats?
We now understand why overnight oats make sense for a convenient, nutrient packed breakfast option that can be prepared days in advance, so let's jump right into the recipe for our Peanut Butter Blueberry Overnight Oats with Blissco Pur Dew Oil.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 3 mins (leave it in the fridge overnight!)
Total: 13 mins
- 1 container vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats, gluten free is optional if desired
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Desired dosage of Blissco Pūr Dew Oil Layers/Toppings:
- 2 tablespoons low sugar blueberry jam
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- Grab your yogurt and almond milk and combine in a medium sized bowl until creamy texture is achieved. Add in chia seeds, oats, and blueberries, folding in until thoroughly mixed. Cover bowl and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Wake up and get ready to assemble. Grab two 12-ounce mason jars and begin filling each jar halfway with the oat mixture. Add a tablespoon of sugar free blueberry jam followed by a tablespoon of peanut butter to each jar. Top with remaining oat mixture.
- Garnishing is key to a picture-perfect overnight oat. Grab remaining blueberries and some chia seeds and sprinkle on top as desired.
- Serve, enjoy, crush your day.
Our no sugar added CBD Infused Peanut Butter Blueberry Overnight Oats recipe tastes exactly like a classic PBJ sandwich – without the bread and added sugar. If you are making more than one at a time, airtight containers or mason jars will allow this recipe to last up to 5 days in the fridge, making it the perfect (and portable) breakfast to help you carry on your 2021 wellness journey.
DISCLAIMER: We are not doctors, psychiatrists or mental health professionals. We are sharing recipes that we enjoy putting our Blissco Pūr Dew CBD Oil in, and that work for us. Please discuss with your primary health care provider first before experimenting with cannabis and or/ CBD (Cannabidiol) oil.