10 minutes minute
On a blistery, cold snowy evening, there is nothing cozier than your warmest clothing, a wooden fire, and something hot and soothing to sip on. Working from home, handling the kids, and being cooped up inside all day can take its toll on ones mental health, which is why we thought it would be beneficial to share one of our favourite warm beverage recipes to relax with over the holidays, our Lavender Hot Cocoa infused with our Pūr Dew CBD oil. Read on to learn how to make this delicious and fragrant cup of bliss in your own home.
Lavender, the light purple herb, offers a plethora of health and wellness benefits to go along with its pleasant fragrant aroma. Lavender is a flowering plant from the mint family that is easily identified by its aroma and aesthetically pleasing light purple hue. It is an easy-to-grow herb, and if you don’t have a garden, is available at most grocery or home gardening centres for purchase.
In ancient times, lavender was often used to freshen up with and add a mild aroma to personal items such as hair, body and article of clothing. This herb also is commonly used for medicinal and therapeutic benefits, such as improved sleep, treat skin blemishes, reduce blood pressure and heart rate, and is known to help reduce stress. Like lavender, CBD (Cannabidiol) oil also shares similar medicinal and therapeutic benefits, which creates the perfect pairing for a relaxing and delicious warm beverage to enjoy over the holidays. We hope you enjoy our Lavender Hot Cocoa infused with our Pūr Dew CBD oil.
Prep time: 3 mins
Cook time: 8-10 mins
Total: 8 mins
Servings: 2 cups (one large mug)
- 1 cup milk (you can also use full-fat coconut milk, or almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon culinary lavender
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Desired dose of Blissco Pūr Dew CBD Oil
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Add the milk to a saucepan and bring it to the boil.
- Add the lavender to the boiling milk, cover, and let it steep for 8-10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a tea strainer (or a fine mess strainer) to remove the lavender.
- Blend the lavender-infused milk with all the other ingredients (cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pink himilayan sea salt, and Blissco Pūr Dew CBD Oil).
- Pour into your favorite mug, top it up with whipped cream, some of the remaining dairy-free dark chocolate, pink salt, and serve.
DISCLAIMER: We are not doctors, psychiatrists or mental health professionals. We are sharing recipes that we enjoy putting our Blissco Pūr Dew CBD Oil in, and that work for us. Please discuss with your primary health care provider first before experimenting with cannabis and or/ CBD Cannabidiol) oil.